Monday, September 21, 2009

Where'd it go?

Not only is that one of Oliver's favorite phrases...but also what I am wondering.
My baby boy (well no longer my baby...) turned 2 on Thursday. 
We had a really nice day, just hung out and did things he wanted to do. A couple of which were peeing in his potty and escaping his crib...I guess he just really wanted to mark that day a VERY special! He has been a little overwhelmed this weekend I think and not peed on his potty...it was all his idea and he did it for a couple of days. I'm not pressuring him or actually doing the training. If he's ready then we'll tackle it. 
Henri decided to mark the day as well by rolling over to his tummy for the first time! 
In the afternoon we took a walk to the park...



This was the first time I actually used my Moby wrap...I still need to make some adjustments, but its so nice!


Henri almost 5 months.

Checkin' out the water.




After his first roll over.


I had Daddy pick up a Clown Cone on his way home for the Birthday Boy...




I am amazed every day by he ability to pick up new words and his problem solving skills. One of his favorite activities is play cooking and watching Mommy and Daddy cook. He was thrilled to have received 2 more Melissa & Doug food sets at his party yesterday, the Ice Cream set and a BBQ grill set! So much fun!
Oliver also loves taking pictures...and unfortunately he broke ours...lucky for him he received his very own camera from Grandpa!


The party was a blast, we had a total of 30 guests including kids. It was so nice to be able to fit them all into one space! Next year will be even better when we can have a back (side) yard! Since my camera was/is broken, I didn't get any shots...Fortunately I had already worked out a trade with an old acquaintance from childhood who is now a photographer and she came to document the party and get a few family shots. I have been wanting a family picture for so long and this is the first time in almost 5 months that we have a picture of all four of us taken. We don't even have pictures of Graham and myself with Henri...
She will be editing them this week and I will share them along with a more in depth post about the party...
Here are a couple of other sweet pics for you to enjoy:








Mornings with Henri...after his 7 or 8am feeding we snuggle in bed and snooze for about another 1-1 1/2 hours...

No comments: