Monday, February 15, 2010

Bitten

The beginning of the month marked Oliver's first ever bout with the flu. 

He woke up early in the morning, 4:30 to be exact and had thrown up in and all over his bed. Luckily, Graham hadn't left for work yet so I had a hand to help me clean him up and wash his hair. The poor thing couldn't keep anything down and just wanted to lay on me or be carried around. Graham left for work and Oliver and I snuggled on the couch for awhile. His temp rose to somewhere between 100 & 101. I called Graham and he was able to leave work and get home by 9am so he could go get us some provisions for a boy with the stomach flu. He recently purchased Morimoto's cookbook and decided he was going to make us some Japanese Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner. He made lists of all his ingredients and then headed out to the store. After 8:30 Oliver was able to keep down eye droppers of water and Gatorade as well as melted popsicles. All day he asked for Mac & Cheese (his latest love...) I think I made it for him two or three times, each of which he didn't actually want any or try to eat it.


He took a long nap on me a few times throughout the day and wouldn't tolerate being moved to the couch or his bed. It was a gorgeous day so we decided to bundle up the boys and take them to the park for some fresh air.




this was an amusing sight of a mom in her high heel boots. She had climbed up to help her son and it was so cute that Graham had to take a picture...
getting my angles.
a rare picture of both boys in focus...

No comments: