Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hank the Tank turns ONE!




Can you believe it?! Henri is a year old...in a few days he'll actually be 13 months...Tonight I was looking at him and had a pang of sadness. He was standing in his "cage" with one hand holding on and his posture is that of a boy, not a baby. He is growing up way to fast. It hit me when I was bringing the boys up to bed that in a few months I won't be carrying either of them and Henri will be climbing the stairs all on his own.
tear.
cooked 39 weeks. 
hard to believe that he cooked another 2 in there!


Brand new baby boy

First and only trip to the beach...
During the crazy heat wave last summer....



First roll over to tummy on Big Brother's 2nd birthday!
Happy skeleton baby!

First snow.
First Christmas. Chewing on the tags of his new clothes...
First sitting up on his own. Xmas 2009
mmm....rocks are TASTY!

Family trip to the Japanese Gardens. April 2010




We had Henri's party on the Sunday following his birthday. We decided to go with a bit of a french theme seeing as how his name is french and it seemed appropriate for the time of year. This was my first attempt at baking a cake a shaped other than a square or circle!
 The cake in pieces at 12:30am of the party. The recipe I used to make the butter cream was crap and just was not holding right. As soon as Graham got home for work I sent him out to buy canned frosting!
I'd say he turned out pretty dang cute! So what if he leans a little?!
:)
I had some leftover streamers so I decorated the wreath for the front door.
Oliver HAD to have his picture taken too!
 Henri's cupcake.

The birthday boy!


 First Cupcake.

 Oliver with his Poppa Rick.

 Opening presents. Oliver actually opened most of the presents for Henri who was more interested in the boxes and tissue...
 No on ever shows what happens to the cake when it's time to cut it. We had some fun with this one!

Fin.
:)






1 comment:

Alisia Ray said...

That owl cake is amazing! I'm impressed :)