Last Friday was Oliver's 3rd birthday. The day before I got to spend the morning with him at school as a parent helper. I made some mini blueberry muffins for the snack and he got to wear a special cape and crown. All the kids sang "Happy Birthday" and his little face was beaming. Unfortunately that morning he woke up a little stuffy and coughing with his first school cold. Luckily he was back to his normal self by Saturday.
Sunday we had his party. If you ever asked him what he wanted for his birthday, his answer was always "A Train Party!" Of course 2 weeks before, we decided to take on some of the house renovations we had planned for the summer...meaning once again I had too much to do in too little time! Some little projects were scraped while I focused my attentions on other details.
The handmade birthday banner.
Presents, presents and More presents!
To this day, Oliver still tells me he needs to open another present...
Caroline with her youngest babies, Hank (in her arms) & Lola chilling with Felisa...(bambino not pictured)
Miss Megan and Little Miss Amelia. Or in our house Baby 'Meelia.
Lola. She is 2 months older than Henri...
Henri just shy of 17 months. I know he isn't really a baby but I can't come to terms with not having a baby anymore!
The Cake.
I decided for some crazy reason to make a train cake...
It was my first experience with fondant and not that bad. I was a bit disappointed though in the morning when I realized the cake had settled and everything was droopy/smashed together. Overall it was cute AND I think it tasted pretty darn good!
Daddy cutting the cake...you'd think he had experience serving large numbers of people...
Oliver gets his train cake!
Sugar coma...
Close Buddy!
"Riding" in the train toy box from Cousins Bobby & Nick....Thanks guys!
Sorry there isn't more to read. I just really don't have the energy anymore these days....I hope the pictures are enough and all that couldn't be there were in our thoughts.
xoxo



















2 comments:
Erin, the train cake is so cute!
thanks kira!
Post a Comment