Sunday we braved the traffic and headed out in the gorgeous Fall day to The Pumpkin Patch. I think it took about 45 min to an hour to get there, once we got to the Sauvie Island Bridge. It was one of the quickest trips yet, mostly due to the fact that when we got back from the field, the Kettle Corn and Caramel Apple booths were closed...I SO had my heart set on a Caramel Apple!
This year was the one I was waiting for, talking about it for 2(!) years! The first year we made the trip I was 20 weeks along with Henri and Oliver was 13 months, not yet walking...Last year Oliver was 2 and walking fine, but I had a 6 month old Henri strapped to me, both years we forgot the wagon...This year, FINALLY, we remembered the wagon and both boys can walk! They had a blast running around through all the pumpkins though Oliver never found one because they were all "too big" He really wanted a little one...We already have 4 medium & small pumpkins from Gramma so really this was for a carving pumpkin and the experience (which I force on Graham every year, just like Tree hunting and Santa visits...) Lucky for my I am pretty immune to his complaints.
;)
Ready to roll!
Waiting for Big Brother to come out of the barn.
Off to the Pumpkin Field
Uh oh, we lost a child..
Working out those legs!
Probably the biggest hit of the day was the tractor pulling the hay ride...Henri pointed and squealed EVERY time.
This is what I got when I asked Oliver to sit on the pumpkin and smile...the other is his trade marl overbite smile.
Trying to find the Perfect Oliver pumpkin...
Heading home.











No comments:
Post a Comment