Today Graham was feeling antsy and suggested we get out of the house and go the The Pumpkin Patch. I wanted to go again this year but was worried about the hour we spent in traffic last year...Luckily there was not line and we got a spot right away! Now we didn't need any pumpkins as Mom grew plenty for us. WE just wanted to take the boys for the experience and it turns out it is pretty fun people watching too! For us growing up in Corvallis, you are close to farms and farm land. It's not such a big deal as it is for many city slickers. One of our favorite expressions was someone walking in a field exclaiming that they were in "Nature". Yes it is true, we were outside, but really we were just walking in a mowed field of a working farm...
Another amusing yet sad occurrence was as we were entering the property. We see this Prius and the Mom loading it up with boots and pumpkins, the Dad just starts freaking out "Stop it! Stop! You are getting mud all over the car! He's getting mud all over the car! Grow up! Just grow up! What are you thinking?!" All this for a kid you looked about 5. The guy was so upset and obsessed about mud on his pretty Prius. His reaction amused us, I felt sorry for the little boy and embarrassed for his wife.
There were so many people in their brand new rain boots and lots of young women in their Fashion boots, fur and all...
WE made our way through the animal bar, saw the cute animals, but Oliver was more intrigued by the older girls!
We thought about the corn maze but it was $7 a person and Graham wasn't really that interested. I was only interested if it was free..
We decided to walk out to the Pumpkin Patch for photo ops and exercise.
Daddy.
Being a good sport and carrying the Diaper bag for me.
(I did have about 20 pounds strapped to me already...)
Henri.
6 Months on the 24th.
I ask Oliver if I could take his picture and he actually posed for me!

He loved watching the tractor and Hay Ride.

I LOVE this picture.
I think it should be an ad campaign...
The Color version.
He's wearing the sweater Gramma made for his Birthday.

I think he is talking about something here, not sure what. Maybe the tractor...
Running free!

Color.

The Pumpkins.

Cabbage.
This is his idea of posing with a pumpkin!
I asked if he wanted to, he said "Ok!" and squatted next to it. I couldn't get him to look up at me for more than a second. he was having so much fun with that mud!
Tonight we carved the pumpkins we already had. Tomorrow night I will get them lit hopefully and take photos. I think they turned out pretty cute. Oddly enough, Graham carved the Happy Pumpkin and I did the Scary one...I have the 3rd to finish tonight or tomorrow.
I also have a bunch of photos to edit and some more blogs to write. I hope to be catching up this week....







1 comment:
Great photos of Oliver and the pumpkins. Looks like a fun day, - the city people. :)
Post a Comment