Thursday, November 5, 2009

Lightening Fast

Oliver has been changing and learning at just a rapid speed these days its hard to keep up. He had his 2 year well baby check up the beginning of October. He weighed in at 25 pounds, a whopping 4 pounds more than he was a 1 year old, and 35" tall. He's a pretty tall skinny boy. Needless to say, the Dr. gave us the OK to keep giving him whole milk for the next 6 months instead of 2%, she even mentioned adding butter to his food! How nice to be told to eat MORE fat!
He is starting to string together small sentences and his words are becoming much clearer. The Dr. was impressed that he was already learning his colors, his favorite being Yellow. Pink & black are his other two top colors right now. We play with play-doh every day and he just loves it. Play Doh and cooking are his 2 favorite things to do besides watch movies. His latest movie obsession is Monster Inc. I had to add Finding Nemo into the mix because I was getting tired of listening to the same movies over and over. He has also been learning letters and many other words. The past couple of weeks have brought a lot of independance as well. He picked up the words Mine & Me. He can open the fridge and get out whatever he wants, be it cheese, jelly or yogurt. He can also open the entertainment center, the DVD player, open the DVD case, put in the movie and press the play/close button. He will have a fit if he doesn't get to do it also, unless he is strapped in his booster seat ready to eat. He can also work my iPod touch and I try to keep it out of his sight so he doesn't throw a fit asking for it...but I am not always successful. I have taught him Please, and he somewhere he picked up the cute ear to ear smile and tilted head that make it almost impossible to resist! We spend time working on using words and Please/Thank You instead of tantrums. He is picking up pretty good I think. Sharing is starting to become an issue at times so that is another challenge in our daily lives.
He loves his baby brother most of the time and I think is getting anxious for when Henri can play. I have caught him a few times laying on the floor talking with Henri and it is just so darn cute!

Pre hair cut.



Post hair cut.






Pantless boy.

No comments: