Sunday, January 10, 2010

Eight Point Five

In the craze of the holidays, I missed Henri's eight month update. A couple days after Christmas he started sitting on his own. He can't yet get there but now he can sit up for 30 mins or more. He isn't crawling yet, but shows a lot of interest, he can't yet coordinate being up on his arms and up on his knees at the same time yet...

This is from the first night that he started sitting up on his own.

Last week I made the change over to the big boy car seat, still rear facing of course. Yesterday he sat in a shopping cart for the first time & Oliver got to ride in the basket. He thought that was pretty cool and did very well sitting the whole time. For a normal trip these days, I wear Henri and Oliver is strapped in the seat, but I just needed to run in to Target for diapers and didn't feel like taking the time to load him up into the Bjorn. Tomorrow I am sadly excited to go to Costco with the boys so they can sit side by side in their carts...so sad, I know...


Henri continues to be the happiest baby I know with everyone we meet commenting so. I feel truly honored to get to be his Mama. I beg him to stay this way his whole life but fear that the monster will emerge next year....

No comments: