Monday, January 4, 2010

Surprise Snow

Last Tuesday ( i think...) we had our surprise snow "storm". It starte shortly after I had put Oliver down for his nap. I was so excited, I for one, LOVE the snow. I was also excited because when I put Oliver down I read him this book:

All about a little boy waking up to snow and having a great time playing in it. As I was reading the book I looked out the window and thought to myself how magical it would be to be a little boy and wake up to snow, wondering if Oliver would look out his window and proclaim, "SNOW!"
The snow fell and fell and fell.
The weather people all said, it will be gone soon and fast with rain, yet the rain did not come. Just lots and lots of big snowflakes.
Finally Oliver got up from his nap and I couldn't wait to show him what happened while he was dreaming...


While he was sleeping, I quickly chopped some kindling.

And took Henri out into his first snowfall.



I got the boys bundled up and we headed over to the park.





After a lost and then found mitten of Henri's, we headed back home. I made Oliver some hot cocoa and
Henri a nice warm bottle of milk, swaddled him tight and put him to sleep. It was a wonderful and magical day and I can't wait for more!

No comments: