Friday, April 30, 2010

Work it Mama.

Ok, so I wrote this post a few days ago, over a couple of days, and it got deleted..ARGH!

A few weeks ago, I had 2 interviews, the first in person at Adidas and the 2nd on the phone with Nike. Apparently I said the right things and was hired by the afternoon that I had my phone interview with Nike. I made a trip out to the World Headquarters the next day for a meet & greet. I started the next Tuesday! The job was temporary through a great creative staffing agency, Aquent, as a Production Artist for the North America Design Team. It was loads of fun. A Mac! 2 monitors! Cushy chairs & beautiful building/grounds! 

That week, I played phone tag with the HR person from Adidas wanting to follow up on my interview. they wanted to hire me too! When it rains it pours! in 1 1/2 years since I was laid off from Columbia, I had 3 job interviews...that should tell you how my job market was! then 2 interviews in 2 days resulting in 2 jobs!

The Adidas job was too good not to take. A 12 month contract and only 1.3 miles from our house. No benefits, but use of the Fitness Center. I accepted the job and finished out my minmum 3 weeks at Nike. Luckily, I left on good terms and am welcome back any time. I am now an LTD Pattern Maker for NBA International. Our products are NBA branded apparel for the European and Asian markets. I am learning a lot and excited to get going full swing...

Currently, Graham is the stay-at-home Daddy, getting a dose of what my life has been like for the last year and a half. He is working part-time at a local restaurant a few miles from home on Friday, Saturday & Sunday  mornings. So far it's working out perfectly. I even get dinner ready and on the table when I get home! Once he starts working full time, we will need daycare again. We will be interviewing someone next week who is moving here to attend PSU from Spain in June. We'll see how that works out!

Back to work i go!

1 comment:

Jessica and Joe said...

Congrats from one working mom to another! zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Sorry, I just fell asleep :)