Today was the day, the ax finally fell and I was cut. When Columbia announced last week that they were laying off 75 people as a result of bad 3rd Quarter results, I knew I was on teh short list. They were nice enough to drag it out for a week and a half. They sent the email out during lunch on Monday of last week, a great thing to come back to. Volunteers were allowed to give notice up until Friday and then the rest would be cut by today. I had barely gotten to work and was in the midst of rading all my emails, I only got through half before our Director came to get me. He asked if he could have a moment, I said no. Unfortunatly that doesn't work. I had been joking yesterday that I wouldn't answer my phone and hid in a dressing room. I had a fitting scheduled from 11:30-2:30 with a 1/2 hour lunch and was looking forward to seeing these garments I worked so hard on. I was also looking forward to developing and completing my first line of clothes for Dick's Sporting Goods. Poor Cathy gets to deal with it all now.
Now I am back on the job hunt. Hopefully something will come up. Many apparel companies are doing lay offs or have hiring freezes in place so prospects are slim. Also being almost 5 month pregnant isn't going to do me any favors. Next is also worrying about health care, yeah I can get it on the first, assuming Graham's insurance will take me, but that means changing my Doctor half way through and Oliver's Dr. It is so hard to find care and doctors you like so we may be trying to purchase another Kaiser plan for just us two. My Insurance through Columbia was amazing, this baby wouldn't have cost us anything. Now I can't even imagine how much it is going to cost. I also can't imagine how we will buy a house when we were planning or even upgrade to a larger car.
Oh Well, C'est La Vie. Something will come up, or we will make it through like we always do.
Maple-Soy Salmon Bowls
7 hours ago
1 comment:
I'm so sorry Erin! Sounds like you have a lot going on now. Hopefully something comes up for you.
Post a Comment