Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Too Soon.

This week Oliver turned 14 months and already he seems to be showing signs of the Terrible Twos. Now to some people, these incidents might not seem that bad, but to me, having my sweet even tempered little boy go spastic, red in the face and screaming is a lot to deal with. The tantrums usually don't last long, not even a minute and seemed to start with the teething, so maybe it goes hand in hand and my swee tboy will be back once all 6 teeth are in. (crossing my fingers...) He has also really started to develop that Boy personality which is quite cute. He is getting pretty independant but still likes to check in with Mama every once in awhile. He is pretty bossy and has been getting frustrated easily, thus causing an angry eruption. Having to start disciplining is quite interesting. This evening he was banging on Roxy's dish with a mallet from his drum, but then tried hitting me. I told him no a few times and he stopped. He then decided that Roxy was the perfect target for some drumming and after many forceful No's and threats to take away the mallet, I had to do it. Of course he cried and screamed and pointed to where I had put the mallet. I tried, in vain I believe, to explain to him why I took it away. Someday he will understand me and consequences.

On a happier note, this week he started signing. Finally after 11 months of signing he has picked them up along with the meanings. Right now it is Eat and More. He signs to me when he wants to eat and if I ask him if he is hungry he will sign. Now we are starting on Milk, Sleep and my made up Night Night. He copies pretty good and they are all signs I have been doing since he was 3 months old, now we just have to work on them and show him the connection of the sign to real world actions/items.

He is a little chatter box as well, not many actual words, but a lot of chatting. He points and says some unintelligble phrase that I decipher as "what's that" and I tell him, even if that isn't what he means or what he is pointing at.

That's my latest update and rant. I am working on a post from a few weeks ago (for those wine lovers in our family, you know who you are...) but there are so many pictures and so little time in the day. Hopefully it will be coming soon, if not tonight. 

xoxo
E

No comments: