Friday, November 6, 2009

Half a Year

A couple of weeks ago, Henri turned 6 months old. Hard for me to believe.

He had his 6 month Well Baby Check-up on Monday, wow, it feels so much longer ago than that! He is perfectly healthy and growing just right. He is now 19.5 pounds & 28" long/tall. Oliver is 25 pounds and 35" so Baby Brother is gaining on him! Oliver was 21 pounds when he was a year old, it just amazes me how big Henri is. I can't stop wondering if Oliver would be any different if I had gone to term with him.
Henri is a master roller over. He decided to mark Big brother's 2nd birthday with that trick. He gets a little frustrated with tummy time now as he really wants to be crawling. We got out the bouncy and he has a great time in that.

Monday, we were given the go ahead to start him on "real" food. First up is Yams (often mistakenly called Sweet Potatoes.) I made the puree all on my own and he gobbles it all down, not even a funny face! The look on his face was of wonder and bliss when he took teh first bite! I also have been giving him mashed banana with some rice cereal that he loves. Tonight I need to pick up some new veggies to try, I'm not yet sure what I am going to give him, but I am going to get some cauliflower, broccoli & squash. Maybe some forzen peas too...

Henri cut his first tooth the beginning of October and then a day or 2 later, the second came in, he now has broken 4 teeth all together. It appears that he is getting all 4 top front and has the bottom 2 coming in all at the same time! Surprisingly, he doesn't bite when nursing like his big brother did. Speaking of nursing...I have pretty much stopped. I realized at the beginning of October that he appeared to not be getting enough to eat from me. I had interpreted the signals as him wanting solids, but i think around 3 months, my milk supply had dropped off, or was just not keeping up with him. I will nurse him in the mornings, or at night if he happens to wake up, but most of the time its just a snack to tid him over. He took to formula instantly and I am still pumping a bit, creating stores and hoping that as he moves more into solids, his milk will be coming from me. All in all, I am proud that I made it to about 5 1/2 months exclusively breast feeding, better than I did with Oliver and I think could have only happened because I am at home.

He is still the sweetest, happiest baby I know, and has a smile that will melt you!



1 comment:

Jamee said...

I can not believe he is already 6 months old!! wow that has gone so fast!