


There is a little hidden secret about a block away from us, Maywood Park. It is a city within in a city, or rather a village. Back in the 60's when I-205 was being built/proposed, this little area banded together and became a town to fight the freeway being built next to them. There was a compromise and Maywood Park got a huge wall built, a bike trail & landscaped park-like setting all along the wall. Graham doesn't particularly like this trail asking "Why would you want to ride next to a freeway?". I like to think of the cars as wind or maybe, possibly waves, but I know it is cars.
The only bend in the path.
The path heads off toward I-84 but we stop at the end of Maywood Park and rest on a bench for a couple of minutes and enjoy the outdoors. Since I had the camera I thought it would be a good time to take some pictures.
The only bend in the path.
The path heads off toward I-84 but we stop at the end of Maywood Park and rest on a bench for a couple of minutes and enjoy the outdoors. Since I had the camera I thought it would be a good time to take some pictures.


This little area has a very interesting feel to it, you almost feel like you are in Stepford, or a cult as Graham likes to say. There are some really quaint cottages that make you feel like you will see some sort of Disney character or a hobbit. Then there are the big Colonial houses, and the mid-century moderns. There are no stores, only houses.
My favorite house on our walk
There are no sidewalks and every intersection is a four way stop with its own little homemade roundabout! I personally find them very interesting...
We then made our way over to the playground. On our way we had a casualty and had to back track about a block to rescue him.
Quackers, down for the count.
My favorite house on our walk
There are no sidewalks and every intersection is a four way stop with its own little homemade roundabout! I personally find them very interesting...We then made our way over to the playground. On our way we had a casualty and had to back track about a block to rescue him.
Quackers, down for the count.We finally made it to the playground to find out that there is NO baby swing AND it's locked! In all my years, I have never come across a locked playground. What is the world coming to?


Disappointed, we made our way back along our semi-busy, sidewalkless street. I guess we will have to find a swing another day...


Disappointed, we made our way back along our semi-busy, sidewalkless street. I guess we will have to find a swing another day...
No comments:
Post a Comment