Sunday marked 22 weeks in the cooking time for Baby 2.0. A couple of weeks ago I had my 20 week appointment and all looks good. The baby is the right size, the heartbeat was 150! and the ultrasound looked great. No worries this time. At the time of the ultrasound the baby was breech but of course has a lot of time to flip and turn as many times as it likes. I'm not sure if I will have another ultrasound before its arrival, but if I do I will be sure to ask for a gender! We could pay $120 or more for a fancy 4D ultrasound at some private place but we aren't willing to pay, nor can we afford to pay extra just to know the sex. I did opt to get another blood test that screens for any sort of genetic spinal issues. The first genetic blood test I did before for the chromasomal stuff came back clear but I feel, if its offered I may as well do it. The baby's spine looked fine in the ultrasound but its just another thing to do to ease my mind. We talked with my Doc (NP) about the chances of getting cholestatis again. There is not really much information about it or any known prevenative treatments, only ways to deal with the itching once it arrives, then taking the baby as soon as it is ready. She suggested a few naturopathic methods, lime or lemon juice in water, lower cholesterol (which didn't have an effect with Oliver since my cholestoral intake was already quite low) and milk thistle? supplements. I go in again for my next appointment January 2nd, so far all has been routine and even easier than with Oliver!
22 weeks & 15 months (almost)
Looking at Mama's tummy but mostly interesting in the camera.
No comments:
Post a Comment