Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Update on Life

It's Official... Oliver is now a Wobbler (Toddler that is wobbly...) He has gotten quite good the past couple of weeks with walking and spends most of his day doing so. He has countless bruises and scrapes all over his body but doesn't give up. He of course still LOVES to crawl and spend his day trying to get chased by the dog. That in itself has been an interesting relationship to work on. Oliver Loves to give Roxy kisses, snuggles and lounge on her but he also loves to hit her or throw himself on her. He also gets a kick out of sticking his hand in her mouth as she tries to bite and feeding her food. She doesn't tolerate him as much has she does us so I spend a lot of time telling Roxy "No" and Oliver "Gentle", a very difficult task since neither speak English...(***Update*** yesterday he started petting gently...now on to the cat...)


O is working on his vocabulary and woke up Saturday morning with the phrase "Oh No." It's his new buzz work. Today he was working on "Meow" though it sounds more like maow. He has been saying "tickle, tickle" for a while and like to tickle himself, Elmo, Roxy, Me, Daddy, his sippy cup, basically anything he can find. He also mastered the Zerbert on Sunday, on my tummy. I was laughing so hard I was crying and couldn't see through the tears. He has yet to do it to Graham, not sure why. He also started with "Dat" meaning "That" while pointing at an object. I decipher it to mean either he wants it or to know what it is. We are now working on the tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants which I see as being a long road...

I have another Dr. appointment Friday morning to check my progress. I am now past the 1/2 way mark and am fighting the nesting stage as I can't really nest here, especially not knowing the flavor or having any room. Oliver will get his 2nd round of the Flu vaccine Friday as well. So far we haven't gotten sick and hope that it lasts through flu season. 

We are looking at moving in the next few months. Either to rent another place that is a bit bigger or with a better layout, or to find a Rent to own type of situation or possibly through the PDC (Portland Development Commission) to have help purchasing a house in an area that is slated for redevelopment. We have a couple of leads and are just scratching the surface of possibilities. I have a feeling we will be calling our realtor soon to pick his brain as well. 

No comments: