Last Thursday Henri had his 2 week check up. It was with a different Doctor than he will be seeing as she didn't have any openings available, but she was very nice and though that Henri was the cutest thing ever!
I was happy to hear, and yet not surprised, that Henri had returned to his birth weight and actually passed it to a healthy 10 lbs. 9.5 oz. He grew another 3/4" in length to 22 3/4" and his head was another 1/2" around at 14 1/2". He has a VERY healthy appetite and it shows. I am pretty sure that by now he is 11 lbs and maybe more. He has already outgrown the newborn items that I had and is in 0-3 months or 3 months clothes. It is such a difference from Oliver. I am proud to report that he also has no problems sleeping in the bassinet and has not slept in our bed once! Oliver used to wake up at night for feedings then stay awake for 2 hours some times. Henri wakes up every 2-4 hours depending on the night, has a diaper change, eats and falls back to sleep, that is except for this morning when he woke at 7:30 and didn't fall back to sleep until about 9:15. It doesn't sound that bad, but considering I didn't get to sleep until 3am and had a feeding at 5:30, that's not much sleep. All in all he is a great sleeper and I generally piece together an OK nights sleep.
My milk production has been amazing this time also. I credit part of it to pumping right away. It especially helped in the first days when he can't eat much but I have a lot of milk. Our freezer is quickly being taken over by bags of frozen milk! The only problem is that Henri has yet to master the bottle. He took to it pretty quick the first couple of times we tried it but then turned around and spit up all that he drank. the Dr. suggested that at #1 nipple was causing him to suck too hard and get a lot of air so maybe we should try one with more flow. I tried a #2 and he gulped down 3 oz. and still wanted to nurse. I even stoppe dhim ever 1/2 ounce to burp and it all came back up all over both of us. Tonight I tried a #3 but then he just wasn't that interested in the bottle at all. I have no problems with nursing but I would like to be able to get out of the house every once and awhile and that isn't going to happen if he can't be fed!
With Oliver we found that we had to do come up with a lot of tricks to get hism to sleep, he spent most of his first 2 months sleeping in the bouncy chair with the vibration going. Every night we had to put him to sleep in his swing and then swing along with him while taking him out as to not wake him! He also took to a pacifier by day 3 and they were fast friends. Henri has a love/hate relationship with the Binkie. He will take one in certain circumstances, and it can only be one kind, all others he spits out.
Saturday while running errands at Target he started crying like crazy. I was walking around pushing his stroller with my finger in his mouth since I didn't have a pacifier. We made a beeline for the elevator and straight to the baby section. I grabbed the right type and opened it right there (something that I would never have done if it wasn't for dire circumstances!) and he was asleep within moments.
We are noticing that he does look almost exactly like Oliver at that age, yet with Daddy's coloring instead of mine along with a sort of wisdom in his eyes. He gives off that "Old Soul" vibe and is a pretty chill little guy and rarely cries or fusses.
He is a delightful addition to our family and I am so anxious to see how he grows and if he will continue to look like Oliver as he does.
1 week old
1 week old
Sleeping just like Big Brother
Big Brother sleeping at 2 weeks old
Sweet gift from Daddy's Husband and his wife.
(Aaron (Chef) & Andrea, otherwise known as the A Team)
On Mother's Day, just over 2 weeks old.






1 comment:
Erin he is absolutely adorable. I am so happy to hear that you are all doing well and adjusting to another little one in the house!
Post a Comment