This week was my first week alone all day with both boys. Luckily I have healed enough that I can physically pick up Oliver and carry him short distances. This is very much against Dr.'s orders but I really have no other choice. I walk slowly and purposefully and that seems to do the trick.
Last week my Mom came and helped out for 3 days, it was such a blessing. Oliver's crib got "broken" the last afternoon she was visiting. It was my crib as a baby, and my cousin Sofi used it as well. We don't really know how old it is since my Grandfather got it from a garage sale and fixed it up for my birth. Mom was showing me how the side dropped down and back up, a feature I never knew it had! Only problem, it wouldn't stay back up! Afer 1/2 an hour she finally got it to stay up but as soon as she shook it, the side slammed down. Oliver has a favorite pastime of running back and forth in his crib so we knew that it was done for.
We had alrady be palnning to buy Oliver a new convertible crib in the next few weeks to help with the eventual transition to a toddler bed, this just moved the date up a bit. Lucky for us, Poppa Rick was on his way up and was able to swing by Target to pick up the crib while Mom and I took Henri to his 2 week check up.
Friday, my good friend and hair stylist, Karen came by for a few hours to help put Oliver down for his nap and she generously cleaned our bathroom, her gift to a new mama!
Saturday my Dad came back up to help me run my errands as I am not able or comfortable doing those things on my own yet. I will have him come up again this weekend once again to help with my grocery shopping...
I am happy to report that I have lost all of the baby weight I gained plus some (though of course not the pre baby shape!) and am off all my meds. I actaully took all of my Percacet in the first week which caused alarm to the nurses and Dr. when I called for a possible refill! They prescribed me Vicodin which was fine and what I had with Oliver. I have had a very different pain that I think I mentioned previously and it is going a way pretty quickly but I have to be careful when picking up Oliver or just moving in a certain way. I rememeber being much more sore though with Oliver and it taking me over a month to just walk at a normal speed. I don't know if it was the meds this time, or having my body already be used to the process but I am happy for it!
Here are a few pictures from the past couple of weeks that I thought were fun.
Oliver has all of a sudden decided to be a ham and pose for the camera, much better than screaming, crying and trying to grab it, but all the pictures get a very cheesy grin...
Oooo, practicing the Come Hither look.
Being a baby in the moses basket. He actaully laid down in it but my pictures were to blurry.
Checking each other out.
I just love this picture for some reason, I barely altered it at all, just a little brighter.
My Mother's Day flowers.
My new Spring arrangement on our console table. Looks better in person!










No comments:
Post a Comment