The first week has gone pretty smoothly. Oliver had some temper issues earlier in the week. I think partly due to having constant attention for the whole weekend and a lack of sleep. He didn't take naps Friday or Saturday and woke up during the night as well. By Thursday he was finally in a great mood. he even ate most of all 3 meals both Thursday and Friday!
Thursday also was the first day that he "held" Henri. He is very curious about him, doesn't like it when he cries and likes to point to all his different body parts. He does still have his little fits of jealousy but it has gotten better the past few days. I'm sure having Daddy home helps...
Henri is a great, mellow baby. He rarely cries and he sleeps great. I have learned that my pain meds will effect him a bit in the sleep department so I am just hopeful that when I am off them he will still be a great sleeper. Lucky for me he sleeps for about a 4 hour chunk of time a night letting me get some much needed rest. I haven't been getting as much as I should or need, and really should be sleeping now, but I finally have some free time to post these pictures while all 3 boys are asleep.
Henri and I had an appointment Wednesday morning with the Mother Baby program here to check his weight, signs of jaundice and to check in on breastfeeding. This appointment with Oliver was when I learned that I had no idea what I was doing previously! He has a tiny bit of jaundice but nothing to worry about and his weight was steady, still at 9 lbs. 13 oz., the same as his last weight check on Sunday. At this point he should be gaining 1-2 oz. a day. He has a 2 week Well Baby check up on Thursday so I am interested to see how much he has put on in a week.
Henri has been a champ feeding since I was in recovery and is quite the hungry little boy!
I have also been taking advantage of having my pump and freezing a lot of milk. I feel quite accomplished. I am hoping that I don't have the supply issues that I had with Oliver but if I do I know that I have a freezer full of milk!
Here are some of my favorite pictures from this week.
Henri
Oliver (1 week old)
I had to take this picture. Not only do they look alike, they sleep alike too!

This one just cracks me up.
More pouting...
Hamming it up.
Loving Baby Brother.
"Holding" Henri for the first time.
My Boys.
So far Henri doesn't like pacifiers which I think could be a good thing or a bad thing...He isn't so sure about bottles, but will take one once he realizes its filled with yummy goodness (he's only had a part of a bottle a couple of times) He is also already fitting into Oliver's 3 month clothes! He fits in some newborn and 0-3 month, but I find it so amazing that he is wearing things that took Oliver months to fit into!
















No comments:
Post a Comment