Today Oliver is 21 months. It's hard for me to believe that in 3 short months he will be 2 not to mention the fact that he already has a little brother!
I really have a lot of fun just watching him play. I find it amazing what he comes up with and picks up on. The other day he was sitting in his chair eating breakfast as I was getting ready. He saw me put on deodorant and for the next 15 mins pretended to put on his own...
He talks A LOT, but most of it is not understandable, or if it is, only I know what it is. Recently at the store I learned that he knows how to say Spongebob and TV. He is crazy about balls right now and has started calling balloons that are not filled with helium, balls.
Yesterday he picked out a pair of sunglasses, i don't know if he will actually wear them but it is so cute when I realized what he calls them. To him they are Eyes. But if you ask about eyes he points to his own or scrunches them up. You have to refer to them as glasses but I guess it is easier to say eyes.
He is really great at pointing to various body parts and naming them. He loves his Shoes and Socks or Acks, and always wants to go on a walk.
He gets himself up into his chair and buckles himself in when he is hungry which helps us a lot except we don't really know what he wants to eat so a lot of questions follow. He can say Cracker, Cheese, & Cookie really well so as soon as you ask what he wants you get Craaaccker, Cheeeese...Coookie. Funny thing is he says cookie like Cookie Monster. Too cute!
We have our Monster days, some i think due to teething issues and being tired and some due to not being able to communicate what he wants. Not to mention wanting to be more and more independent.
We were having some issues with him being afraid of the bath/tub & water. It appears as though this is fixed now. We picked out some Wall-E bubble bath, a Little Einsteins Rocket with Leo in scuba gear & some bath tub crayons. I knew the crayons would do the trick. He loves to draw and color but hasn't gotten to play with much lately due to him trying and succeeding in eating them...This way he can color all over the walls and not get in trouble and he loves it! I have stopped using a cup to rinse him and just use a washcloth. It takes longer to get the shampoo out of his hair but is worth not having a freak out or meltdown in the tub!
He loves his baby brother and is nice most of the time. He does have his moments of stealing Henri's blanket or binkie and turning off the swing but for themost part he like to help out. If Henri is on eh couch or floor Oliver goes up to him and says "Hi!" and gives him lots of kisses. He calls him Baby and loves to snuggle next to him. I am glad to see that he isn't jealous and hope that my attempts to give them both individual attention is working.



No comments:
Post a Comment