Friday, July 31, 2009

ESCAPE!!

So has most of you know, and have been experiencing yourselves...it's been freakishly HOT here. We have a little window AC unit in our living room but with these high heats it hasn't been working very well. The kitchen gets sun all day and we have measured the temperature at 106 yesterday evening, today it only made it up to 99! We know that 106 isn't the hottest it was, we just put the thermometer in there too late...
Anyhoo, we have been sweating it out, the boys spending most of their days in only diapers and Henri sleeping in one and no blanket! That is hard for me since with Oliver it was winter and I was always worried about him being too cold. Oliver has to sleep in pj's or else we will wake up in the morning to a naked boy and pee all over the crib!
Yesterday, Graham's coffee meeting for work got canceled so he came home and took the truck into the shop. I got the boys and Roxy together and piled in the car. WE met Graham in the Pearl, stop at Freddie's to get a bucket and shovel (alas, this store did not have a toy section...boo.) so we picked up some lunch and free cookies for Oliver.
Then we set off for the Beach!
We needed to stop for gas and were lucky enough to spot a gas station and Fred Meyer just outside of Hillsboro. Graham dropped me off to look for the bucket while he filled up the car. This store was HUGE!! I was sore and tired just walking from one end to the other, of course I made a wrong turn and had to walk the whole length of the store and back again. Those are moments when I realize how much healing I still have to do from the c-section, the majority of the healing happened quickly but it takes Months to feel somewhat normal again...
Of course they were sold out of pail sets but I found some cleaning/gardening toys for Oliver. Duel purpose, he's been interested in cleaning and sweeping but can't handle the big broom and dustpan, now he has some his own size...
The drive was sunny and hot the whole way. Just as we crested the last foothill, we saw that Cannon Beach was totally socked in. At first I was disappointed as I was hoping for a nice beach day by Oregon standards, but then once we got on the beach i found the temperature was perfect and he mist felt wonderful! 
Here are some of my fav pics from the day.
 
  
Haystack Rock made a very brief appearance. We were actually pretty close and couldn't see it most of the day.

 
  
  
  
  
  
  
Ok, this isn't a fav pic, but I thought I should include myself for once.

 
  
Buried Boy, showing off his crossed arms pose.

 
  
Smiles McGee

 
  
Passed out.

 
Still snoozing, but Oliver had stolen the hat.

No comments: