Jupiter
1993- 2009
My sweet little kitty passed away very early this morning. As you can see from the dates, he was 16 years old. He was the sweetest most gentle cat I have ever known. Part Ragdoll, he was very floppy and could bend over backwards as if he had no spine.
About 3 years ago, Roxy snapped at him and accidently bit him in the eye. We had a scare then that we were going to lose him. After a few hours at Dove Lewis, we learned he was OK but was going to be blind. He came through that great and just had some nasal drainage issues and snot since then. Last year his eye actually cleared up and looked normal again.
He was and indoor cat but the last couple of months we have been letting him out. He was old and if he got sick or hurt we were going to spend a lot of money trying to prolong his life. I think he wanted to be outside so much because it was the end for him. I know that anmials like to be outside and alone often when the pass on. The one odd thing is how fast it happened. He was pretty much himself and super perky until we got a call from the neighbors (after they had him for 2 1/2 days...). When we picked him up from them he was pounds lighter, maybe 2 pounds at the most. Graham force fed him water (we felt we needed to give him a fighting chance) We got him to eat a little but no much. He spent most of the week outside, he didn't want to be indoors. When we left for the weekend we did not expect him to be alive when we got home. We set him up with water and food and let him be.
When we got home last night, Graham checked on him. He did not look alive, but he was, barely. He got a box and a couple of towels, placed him inside and tried to make it so his last hours were somewhat comfortable ones. He woke me up sometime after midnight to let me know that he had finally passed on.
He will be missed, but I won't miss the sneezing and snot that I have to clean off of many surfaces! He had a good long run and I am happy that he is not suffering anymore.
I am personally hoping that we will be able to get Oliver a kitten for his 2nd birthday. I am glad he isn't quite old enough to know what happened, though I think he will probably be asking about the kitty today.
On another note.
My Uncle, Ann's dad and my Aunt Susann's husband, suffered a major heart attack last week. He has been in ICU at the Salem Hospital since then. He appears to be making slow but steady progress. We are all thinking about him and his family and sending our good thoughts to them.





1 comment:
Oh so sorry! At least Selena and I got to see him before we left your place a few weeks back. He was so sweet.
Post a Comment