Saturday, January 17, 2009

16 Months.

 Today Oliver is 16 months old, pretty soon he'll be 1 1/2 and a big brother. It is hard to imagine. 
He is becoming quite the cheeseball and independent little man. 
He throws tantrums when he doesn't get what he wants or is told no forcefully.
But most of the time he is a sweet boy who loves to dance, run around and make mischief.
He can now sign Baby, Play, Bath, Eat, Sleep, More, Milk and wave Bye-Bye.
He loves to give kisses and gives the best hugs, when he's in the mood.
He is still a pretty good eater and there hasn't really been anything he has refused to eat, unless he is in a bad mood. He'll try most anything. He loves using a spoon and fork now and like to have his own bowl. Even if he eventually pours the contents out on his tray and later the bowl on the floor.
 
Having breakfast and smiling for Daddy.
During Christmas Oliver developed some separation anxiety, mostly aimed at me. Some days when he is hanging out with Graham and I leave the room, or try to get ready he just cries and cries. This past weekend on Graham's days off he left to run some errands at work and Oliver did the outstretched hands not wanting Daddy to leave, even pointing at the door, asking to go with. This morning as Graham was leaving I heard him making his kiss sound. He pushes his lips together and out and makes a mmmm sound. Graham though he was pouting and I said no he wants a kiss! So sweet!
 
 
Posing for the camera.
Christmas also brought the concept of posing with a cheeseball grin for the camera, so it is virtually impossible to get a candid shot!

 
Here is an example of what the house looks like during the day. I have resolved to only pick up once a day after he is in bed. Occasionally I do pick up some during his nap as it just gets plain dangerous! It truely is amazing how fast the living room can become a disaster area.
 
 
  
Last night I found him with a yogurt puff stuck to his nose. This was the First shot I took!

 
This was the 4th.
Last week was also a milestone. Oliver drew with his crayons instead of eating them! We have only gotten 1 real drawing out of him so far, and he is reverting to trying to eat the crayons. We are locked in a battle since he's knows he isn't supposed to put them in his mouth. Every day we have a little coloring time and lately it ends with a tantrum and Mommy putting the crayons away. He will grab a crayon, turn around stick it in his mouth and walk about 5-6 feet away, turn around sucking/chewing on it with a twinkle in his eye. I will tell him No or to take it out of his mouth, or explain that crayons only go on paper. Depending on his mood, he will either yank it out of his mouth and throw it, start crying and drop it or resist and I have to take it out of his mouth. I am confident, someday this won't be an issue but who knows when that will be?!
 I am planning to frame this. it is just scribbles but marks the 1st time he did such a thing and I think it has real beauty. I dated it and wrote his name on it and think it will be a great way to start a wall of art (of course when we have more room!)

Oliver has also been teething for months now. I believe all four of the molars that were coming in have broken through but the other 2 bottom front are still hanging out just below the surface. I am anxious for those little guys to come in and hopefully give him a little break from what I am sure is not very fun!

No comments: