Today I had my latest check up for Baby #2. I will be 30 weeks on Sunday meaning only 10 weeks left until full term. That is hard to believe. If things go the way that Oliver did, that could mean only 7-8 weeks more. So far everything is great. I have put on 15 pounds total and feel OK about that. I don't pay attention to the scale at all during pregnancy (not that I could see the numbers anyway) and eat how I want unless told otherwise. The baby's heart rate was good and steady and even decided to do a little kicking for the Dr.
It looks as if things will be headed for a VBAC which sort of frightens me a bit and means we need to get some care lined up for Oliver when the moment happens. Having a NP who has 24 years experience in Midwifery sort of rules out just planning a c-section.
There won't be any more ultrasounds unless the baby is breech or they need to confirm that it is breech, or if anything goes wrong (like developing diabetes, cholestatis, or the indication that fluid levels are too high/low.) At the next appointment she will try to determine the position of the baby and if it appears breech, give me exercises to do to help make the baby turn. If at 36 weeks the baby is still breech, I would be sent to the hospital for them to turn the baby. There are restrictions on the amount of pitocin they can give to someone who has had a c-section and try to avoid induction at all costs. Part of me, actually, a large part of me would rather just have a c-section but I have feelings of guilt associated with that, maybe it has to do with midwives and all of the other women that I know that have done VBAC or natural birth. C-section is familiar and I handled it so well that it just seems easier. I am sort of jealous of those friends I have that just get to pick the date!
Anyway, I go back in 4 weeks and then will be just about 34 weeks along, then I guess the countdown will begin.
I don't have a picture of the belly as I haven't liked the ones from the past 2 weeks. I will try again Saturday and post a 30 week belly shot assuming I approve.
1 comment:
Wow, the 30 week mark. Nice job! Sounds like everything is on track, looking forward to meeting him/her soon!
Post a Comment