Technically today I am 29 Weeks and 6 days, but who's counting?
Yesterday was a sore day, my lungs felt squished most of the day and I felt like I had to work harder to breath. Today is much better except for some lower back pain from sitting at the computer too long. It is sunny today and I am having a lot more energy that I have for a couple weeks. Of course, the day that I have some pep in my step, Oliver would be refusing to take a nap! Roxy needs a bath, the couch needs scrubbing, as well as the rug, the house needs vacuuming and mopping and laundry needs to be washed, folded and put away. Not to mention my pile of sewing projects that have been cut and waiting to be sewn for a couple of weeks now.
Next weekend Mommy and Daddy get a little time away. Sunday we are taking up an offer for a free brunch at Blue Hour to celebrate Valentine's Day and our anniversary. The other Chaney's will come spend some time with O and Uncle Max will stay the night so that Daddy and he can go to the Mountain on Monday. Now that I think about it...maybe the boy and I can take along and play in the snow, put his Christmas snowsuit Granny Nanny made to good use...
Tuesday night, I get to go out to the restaurant for dinner with my good friends Karen & Chris and Dena & Shawn (also getting a night away from their wee one). I have yet to eat at the restaurant without the distraction of Oliver fussing or playing, being a little boy. I am looking forward to some yummy food and maybe a Virgin Mojito or two!
Other than being exhausted most of the time, I feel pretty good. I have been having the occasional Aura (flashing light in the center of my vision) which is much better than having an actual migraine. Also the baby just feels crammed in and i think soon my entire belly will be covered in stretch marks. It feels as if it is stretched to the max and this is about the time i got my first ones with Oliver.
I got my Glucose and Blood tests back from my appointment this week. No diabetes but still low iron. It is quite odd since I have been eating meat with this pregnancy. Who knows? I assume all is OK until I hear from the Doc.
A little bit about what is going on in my belly currently.
Your baby's about 15.7 inches long now, and she weighs almost 3 pounds (like a head of cabbage). A pint and a half of amniotic fluid surrounds her, but that volume will decrease as she gets bigger and takes up more room in your uterus. Her eyesight continues to develop, though it's not very keen; even after she's born, she'll keep her eyes closed for a good part of the day. When she does open them, she'll respond to changes in light but will have 20/400 vision — which means she can only make out objects a few inches from her face. (Normal adult vision is 20/20.)
See what your baby looks like this week.
See what your baby looks like this week.



No comments:
Post a Comment