Friday, February 20, 2009

Fun with Uncle Max

Max came up and stayed with us for a few days this past weekend. He arrived early (very) Sunday morning, collected Graham and they drove up to the mountain for a day of skiing & snowboarding. they had 2 free passes the the Elder Chaney's has and kindly gave to the boys.
  After they got home we decided to go to Kell's for dinner. On Sundays from 7-10pm they have Happy Hour where you can get a limited selection of food for $3. It is hard to pass up a big burger and fries for only $3.00! An added bonus was there were live musicians playing Irish music and Oliver had a blast easting his Bangers and Chips dancing to the music. It was also the first time that he has actually drawn with the crayons at the restaurant versus eating them!
 
Monday morning Graham made us a tasty breakfast of Potatoes, Eggs and Sausage. We got ready and headed down to 23rd for a bit. Graham had to do a little paper work and place the order for Tuesday since he didn't get a chance on Saturday night & I had to pick up a Valentine's/Anniversary gift at Kiehl's using a coupon that I got in an email. Once Max, Oliver & I finished my quick errands, we met up with G at the restaurant and Oliver had a great time getting the run of the place!
 
Getting artsy fartsy.

A hive on display.
 
Fun with the entrance table.

 
Oliver running around, obviously having a very intense conversation...

Peek - a - Boo!
He had a great time climbing the stairs, running into the kitchen, playing Peek-a-boo in the curtain and running up and down the ramp.
Once Graham was done with work we decided to go the The Chinese Garden. We had two free passes that we had gotten from my Mom and only need to pay for one person. Unfortunately winter is lasting a little longer than it has in the past couple of years so it wasn't quite Cherry Blossom season and a lot of the plants are just now starting to bud. We also saw a few too many dead Koi. 
There was 1 lonely Camilla in bloom.
Big Pink.
They have Chinese Fortunes set up in one of the buildings. You make a wish for the upcoming year, shake the tumbler and pull out the first stick that pops out from the rest. Each stick has a number on it that coordinated to a drawer with a fortune in it. Graham and I made wishes for the year and here are our fortunes.
Graham's is the top fortune and my, the bottom.
I snapped this picture and commented on how it epitomizes their personalities...Max smiling and Graham scowling (i can hear him thinking, "why are you trying to take a picture of me? I hate my picture being taken. You know that...") Sooo, Max and I took it upon ourselves to make him smile and capture it on "film".
Trying really hard NOT to smile.
AHA! GOTCHA! 
This is a rare occasion...a Picture of Graham smiling. Now he does laugh and smile a lot, but if a camera is pointed in his direction and he knows it, you aren't likely to get a genuine smile if one at all.
After I looked at this picture on the camera, I couldn't stop laughing.
For lunch we went to Pho Van for some tasty Vietnamese Food while Oliver took a nap in the car. He had a blast using a Big Boy fork and trying to feed himself rice.
For dinner, Graham made us a very delicious Roast Chicken, Roasted Baby Red Potatoes, & and some Brocolini. The boys drank a couple bottles of wine and we watched Wall-E with Oliver.
Tuesday, Max hung around and helped watched O while I did a little sewing and then babysat while I went out to dinner with (gasp!) Adults! A first with out Oliver since I think Emily's Bachelorette Party last March...
I got home a little later than expected, but the boys looked like they had a great time together. Oliver really has taken to his Uncle Max and doesn't like to see him go.

No comments: