Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Back Breaker

Yesterday I got to go to a chiroprator. This was only the second time I have ever gone though I probably should have been going for years. It was a great experience. Having someone listen to me and what has been going on, believing me and actually giving thought to a diagnosis what a great feeling. Being able to be fixed was the cherry on top! 
She was able to show me on a model what was going on with my body and tell me how it can be fixed. She also told me that I had a mind like a chiropractor and her life would be heaven is everyone could explain what was going on like I did. I was correct in my assumption that a lot of the pain I was experiencing in my hip was stemming from possible scar tissue and tightness from the spot of my epidural with Oliver. Muscles got tweaked and tight which then affected other joints. My left hip/pelvis was rotated backwards causing a lump in my lower back and over stretching some ligaments. There was/is another ligament on my right side that is tight and pulling causing tension on the left hip. It was pretty amazing to feel the difference in the to hips when she worked them during the physical to see what exactly was going on. The right felt nice and smooth and loose and the left was catching and grinding.
Yesterdays appointment was focused on working on the joints and relieving some of that pain. I go back next Monday for 30 mins of more ligament and muscle work. The goal is to slowly get everything back in order, of course just in time for it to get screwed up again! I don't know if I will need another appointment before the baby comes, but I do know that after this one I do want to go in after to she her and then a massage after my joints are in better working order. I hope to go back again after I stop breastfeeding as she has a theory (that I agree with) that your body keeps releasing relaxion into you joints while you are breastfeeding. All in all, I have seen the light of visiting a chiropractor and the wonders that they can do!

No comments: