I had my OB appointment yesterday morning with one of the Doctors that also works out of the Hospital where I will be delivering. I actually saw her once with Oliver when I first went into Labor & Delivery for the itching. She really helped me feel at ease and I answered all my questions really before I even asked them. She had read all of the notes from the Dr. that was on-call when I was taken in for my c-section and knew my history. That was so great! I didn't have to really explain it all over again. She told me that I have a 70-80% chance of having a successful delivery if I go into labor on my own. She also explained that they will only use pitocin if I have sort of started to progress and am starting to dialated or thin and having a few occasional contractions. Otherwise, she scheduled me for a repeat c-section for April 24th. If I don't go into labor before that date, then I will just be admitted.
She did my Strep B test, and the rest of the appointment was just like any other pre-natal one, so that made me feel better since my next scheduled appt. with my midwife wasn't until the 14th and the last was the beginning of March. The baby's heart sounded good and I assume I measured well as she didn't make any comments. My blood pressure was 90/60, so still normal. Though it did throw the Student Nurse who took it for a loop! She was concerned that she hadn't done it right...
After my Strep test, she also checked me to see if there was any sort of progress yet and told me that my cervix was Very Unfavorable! Basically, nothing has happened yet and likely won't very soon. She also noted that I didn't have the roomiest of pelvises either. A first that I had ever heard and nice to know.
She had mentioned that most likely my induction didn't take because my body just wasn't ready, since I was induced early. We talked about baby size as Oliver was 2 ounces shy of 8 pounds and he was 1 1/2 weeks early. She said if this baby is too big for my not so big pelvis, that I would just stop progressing and have a c-section.
I left the appointment feelin a lot better with so many questions answered and having that c-section date in place so there is an end in sight. As she said I can't be pregnant forever! (even if I feel like I will be/have been!)
They also set me up to see her again next week for another check up and then I have the one already for the next week with my Midwife/NP and then the 20th I am scheduled for a Pre-op appointment. I don't know why, but for some reason I have the inkling that I will be going until the 24th, but we will see what happens!
Maple-Soy Salmon Bowls
7 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment