So a couple of days ago I nodded off on the couch for a total of 10-15 minutes. Each little nod was probably less than 2 mins. Here is what happens when you have an almost 1 1/2 year and crayons, unsupervised...
Our Bedrrom Door...
A bookcase & the floor...
The barn...
He got another spot on the floor as well as one of his lap tops and his feeding chair as well. Today though, I became a convert to the wonderfulness that is the Magic Eraser.
I have seen the commercials for years and always wondered How and If they worked. Awhile ago I got a sample in the mail and thought the perfect opportunity would be crayons and stuck it under the kitchen sink. I got is out after I put Oliver down for a nap and was amazed at how well it worked! Crayons? No problem. Food & fingerprints on white cupboards? No problem! I am think that maybe I won't hate having white cabinets now...though I still think whomever decided that white floors in a kitchen was a good idea should be drawn and quartered...
Last Monday Oliver got another haircut, it had been months since his last cut, October maybe? His hair was ridiculously long and could be put in a ponytail, if he ever allowed that sort of thing. Unfortunately we didn't get any pictures of the ordeal but video would have been even better! It took 3 grown adults to hold, distract and cut his hair along with many silly faces and goofy sounds. I am sure it was a sight to be seen! In my attempt to get pictures of the new do', I got One that was good. (It is now virtually impossible for me to get Oliver's picture since he lunges and screams for the camera.)
Oh, I did get one acceptable picture of us together...
He is starting to pick up words pretty quickly now, though he still refuses to say Mama. Grrrrr....Today he learned Stuck, and closed. we have been working on animal names and sounds. His favorite being Cow and Mooooooo which he says often. When he hears a train he says Toot Toot and when he hears Roxy barking he says Woof Woof. He really picks up on C and K sounds. Car, Cat, Cow and they all sound very similar. He has also discovered his lungs and how loud he can scream. He was nice enough yesterday evening to also share that with everyone at Fred Meyer's. Joy! We are working on temper tantrums and learning what is not OK. I know this is going to be a very long process...At least he has learned Thank you (Tink Too) which he says when giving something to some one. He now needs Please and You're welcome, but I am happy with Tink Too!
Some words he prefers to sign, Baby, and More. Though we have a struggle trying to figure out what he wants More Of.
During my struggle to get his picture, I let him play with the camera for a few minutes and this is one of the shots. I don't know why, but I just really like it.
I am very excited to be going to a chiropractor on Monday and hope that she can help me with my left hip and lower back. I have had pain and problems with my lower back and left side since having the epidural with Oliver. I have questioned nurses and Dr.'s and all the say is 30% of women have back pain after and epidural. I am convinced that there is something else going on. It took the anestesiologist 5-6 tries to get the needle in the right place due to my vertebrae being very snug. I have have a slight lump that is sensitive to pressure since Oliver was about 3 months old, before that it was still numb and I couldn't feel a thing. When they put the epi in, it never took to my left side as well as my right and I always had more feeling in that leg. After, I started getting numbness and tingling in my left leg when I sit cross legged, just with a bent knee and my other leg not putting any pressure on it. Since about 16 weeks, I have had a lot of pain in my left hip and my Dr. just told me it was my ligaments not being strong since it was so soon since having O. But she did say it was strange that it was only on one side. I try to stretch when I can but the pain has always felt much more in teh actual joint and very difficult to stretch just right. Some of the pain can be helped by wearing my support band if I am going to be active around the house or running errands. Some days I am limping/waddling because of burning pain in my pelvis/hip. So I am curious to see what she says and if it can be helped. Maybe it is all muscle related, maybe I am just a freak!!







1 comment:
very artistic!!
Post a Comment