Today I had my 34 week check up (I am 33 weeks 4 days today) and have only 6 weeks left. YIKES! We realized this morning how fast it is approaching and how very unprepared we are. Things were sort of in limbo waiting on our housing situation but we have yet to hear back about the possibilty of a loan and now know there is NO WAY we will be moved or moving by the time the baby comes. We are however, going to start packing up things that we don't need often and drop a bunch of stuff off with the salvation army. It will be a tight squeeze for a while but we can make it work...
The check up went well, baby is head down so no ultrasound :(
As of right now we are planning for a VBAC birth and I have an appointment with a Physician at the Medical Center next to the hospital in 3 weeks to address concerns and to go more thouroughly over my experience with Oliver and what that means for this baby. The tummy measured perfect and the heart rate was good at 160 beats per minute. If you go by the Old Wives Tale, that means a girl. I have put on a total of 20 pounds so far and I feel ok about that. I am going to start watching what I eat a little better for the rest of the pregnancy and also to prepare myself to eat better after the baby is here. I imagine I will find it difficult to find time to eat for a little while after until I get the hang of 2 babies and their schedules.
I've been working with Oliver about babies. He has known and been able to do the sign for Baby since before Christmas. Now he is starting to make the connection between seeing a baby and knowing what it is. Today he decided to point and sign for 2 kids that were about his age! Too funny. I also got him a book about being a Big Brother a few weeks ago and try to also connect that there is a baby in my tummy and he is going to be a big brother. He often then lifts up his shirt as if to say he has a baby in HIS tummy too. Luckily he loves other kids and babies so that shold work out well. I think he will have a hard time with not always getting to have Mommy's attention when he wants it but he is going to have to learn to adapt. I also hope to be able to still find one on one time with both of them during the day and Graham and I are discussing ways to do that on his days off as well.
So now we wait some more...I have the contact number for Labor & Delivery in case anything odd comes up or I get my Cholestatis symptoms back. I'm not feeling like I am going to get it this time but I also was almost positive the baby's head was in my stomach...must be a foot after all!
Do or Don’t: Ghost Lashes
6 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment