Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Progress

Yesterday was another productive day. It was Graham's day off and we filled it with errands and the landlord's handy men repairs.
First thing after breakfast, we headed down to the Pratt & Larson Outlet. AMAZING!! We originally wanted to do a black and white floor. We found out that they rarely get black in the outlet due to them not misfiring much or being discontinued. Next we decided to pick out some 1"x1" tiles in brown, caramel and copper colors. We spent quite a bit of time doing that....but then we scratched it and went back to my original idea of using glass mosaic tiles. We found a beautiful gold/caramel color. 
We will cut individual tiles off to fill the spaces in the Octagon tiles and then use 2-3 rows for a border around them.
Here's an idea of what it will look like together.
 
 WE asked about subway tiles. There were some but not really enough to do a perimeter, besides we need to measure the room to really know how much square footage we need. They did have 3 boxes of 10 sq. feet each available but they were $50 a box. After we measure the floor, we will most likely pick them up at Home Depot unless I find some for a great deal on cragislist or the colors are too far off.
After we got home the handy men showed up to do some repairs. Our landlord has this crazy idea that she will be able to start renting out our place on the 1st. We don't plan to be don't cleaning up until the 31st...
While the one guy was still working on the window, I made a trip to Ikea, alone!  *sigh*
I picked up 2 new lampshades for the lamps we bought on Sunday, so now each lamp cost a total of $18.00.

 
Graham doesn't like them. I told him "sorry, but too bad."
Now we need to get rid of this lamp...

 
If any one likes/wants it let me know. If not, its going on craigslist. Or a thrift store...
At Ikea, I also got us a new toilet seat on clearance for $9.99. A bunch of plastic tubs to organize my fabrics and notions (which I am realizing today I still need more off) Oliver's new bedding minus the duvet and pillow...I'll get those after we move. And a gift for Miss Allison's 2nd birthday. I did a lot of browsing and pricing out of items. Looks like Graham will HAVE to go back with me at some point.
Oliver is going on 3 hours of playing in his crib and not taking a nap. I am feeling like today is a day for him to pick out a movie and have some snacks so I can get some sewing projects done...

No comments: