Monday, April 20, 2009

40 weeks and still counting...

***UPDATE****
I had my exam and last NST today. There has been no change in my cervix since last Tuesday. The midwife was hoping that by checking me, it would stir up some action but I find it hard to believe that I will go from 1 cm dilated and a not very soft cervix to labor within the next 2 days! So it looks pretty certain to be a repeat c-section Friday morning. I am hoping to be able to post from the hospital but we will see how that goes!
***********

I am now officially past my due date and its looking like a Friday c-section. I had a pre-op appointment with the OB this morning to go over all the info I need for Friday. In the morning I have an appointment and exam with my midwife. We will see if any progress has been made. I doubt much since I haven't had a single contraction.
The OB listened to the baby's heart and measured my belly, even before measuring she was saying "wow! this is going to be a big baby!"
I don't know what I measured but she was in awe. I actually lost 1 1/2 pounds since last Tuesday and have been pretty consistently the same weight for over 1 1/2 months so all the growth is just baby...
Its really alright for me to not go into labor myself, I don't have my heart set on a VBAC and actually sorta prefer a c-section even though I feel guilty saying so and know that it will be harder to care for Oliver.
I need the rest of the week to finish getting the house ready fro baby and guests. I have made some great progress today and Graham even got the lawns mowed. Right now sauce is cooking on the stove for lasagna that we will freeze and I am hoping he will have a chance to make the Macaroni Cheese sauce tonight as well.
I will add a little update tomorrow sometime after my check up. Granny Nanny will be up once again to play with Oliver while I go to my last afternoon NST.

1 comment:

Jessica and Joe said...

Can't wait for updates! You better text me like last time when you finaly have the baby. Can't wait, sooooo excited! Sending good thoughts your way...