This week has been a pretty busy one.
Sunday started with me getting all gussied up by my girlfriend and hairstylist Karen with fresh new hair and make up by the great Sunny Fire (who did my wedding make up) for a photo shoot for Studio Luxe. A new salon that 4 girls from 77 (my previous salon) have moved too. It was a lot of fun to spend the morning getting my hair and make up done and chatting up with a bunch of girlies. The weather was absolutely amazing and we had the windows open soaking up the sunshine.
While I was playing, Granny Nanny and Poppa J met Graham and Oliver at home to start Graham's birthday celebration. They made their first trip to the Columbia Employee store and I think they are now hooked! Oliver got to wear shorts for the first time this year and of course got his first scraped knee.
After I was done with my photos I met up with the rest of the family at Kenny & Zuke's for some tasty sandwiches.
There was a 30 minute wait for a table so we walked to Vinopolis to look at wines and then spent our time walking up and down the street enjoying the sun.
After lunch, we grabbed Oliver's stroller and headed over to the Pearl in search of Birthday shoes for Graham. I really need to take a picture of his old shoes...they were scary, especially after their run in with the spokes on his bike a couple of weeks ago. They were almost a year old, which for some people isn't very old (i have shoes that are probably 10 years old...) but G is very hard on his shoes and wears them every day. They were biking shoes for a few months in the summer before he started working at 23 Hoyt and then the past 2 months as well. They weren't even recognizable as the shoes he originally got. We had fun hanging out in the Pearl Adidas store, with DJ and all while he tried on various funky old school shoes. He found a really great Red-Violet pair (that he eventually got) and put them on hold while we checked out the Puma store.
After getting the perfect pair of shoes, we made our way back to our cars and headed home.
Monday was another perfect weather day and Oliver and I had a play date planned for the afternoon. We slept in a bit and then headed out to breakfast at our favorite place. It could very well be the last time we will make it out for awhile and we want to take advantage of it!
Oliver and I dropped Graham off at home and then headed to Sip & Kranz in the Pearl to meet Dena and Addison who is 10 months old. The last time they saw each other was at Oliver's Birthday Party. Addison is still in the end of the baby stage but by this summer i think she will really be ready to play! We had a lovely snack and conversation at an outside table until Oliver decided to fuss. He was over being in a stroller. I let him out but he wanted to wander so I put him back, and Oh Man, was THAT the wrong thing to do! (though it was no surprise to me). The cafe is at a little park with a really cool water feature/fountain. There were so many kids, parents, strollers and people just soaking up the sun. We decided to move over to the grass and see how that would work.
Miss Addison Olivia in her Quinny
I got Oliver out and he of course wanted to go straight to the water. He did pretty good holding my hand and walking in the water. He really enjoyed it and if Graham would have been there I probably would have been more comfortable letting him go on his own. At one point I did...he walked up to a little girl who had to be somewhere between 18 months-2 1/2 years old, only in a diaper. She kicked a little water at him, apparently didn't really succeed at what she wanted to do and kicked again covering O's entire face and front. The past couple of months, Oliver has developed a hatred of having water in his face, and we/I always have to wipe it off during bath time. So getting water kicked in his face did not go over well, the lip came out and he started crying. After a quick dry of and snuggle he was ready to go out again. I was shocked and rather annoyed that this little girl was a bully with no parents around to tell her that it wasn't a very nice thing to do.
Oliver got his shorts soaked so I took them off and put him back in his stroller. Once again, he was not happy...
Oliver and Addison in their matching Quinny's!
Dena found out that Karen was the next block over at Lowbrow so we made our way over for a quick visit, as it is a bar and kids aren't even allowed to sit out front on the sidewalk. Next was the trip home. Oliver had only napped for about 5 mins. before we got to our date and I took the long way home, 1 to avoid afternoon traffic and 2 to hopefully get him to fall asleep. My plan didn't work and he didn't even fall asleep in his dinner, though he wouldn't eat any of it.
This week I also decided to let him try eating his own yogurt. He loves the stuff but does not like to be fed. I finally found the Yo Baby yogurts at the store and bought a pack. It has been the main item eaten the past 3 mornings, even if most of it ends up on his front...






No comments:
Post a Comment