The itching is back...
I have been having a few evenings the past week or so where I start to itch all over but it is always gone by morning. Last night it started again and didn't go away by the time I got up. I tried lotion before bed to see if it was just dry skin, or maybe it was just stretching of skin, but the itching was all over, not just concentrated on my tummy... I tried a shower in the morning and that helped. All of these episodes of itching have not been as intense or dramatic as it was with Oliver.
After my shower I tried calling the OB Advice line at one of the clinics and was on hold for 15 minutes. I gave up as I had a chiropractor appointment and needed to finish getting ready.
I had a great appointment and we may have found out that the baby gates might have something to do with why my hip/pelvis keep tilting backwards and out of whack. She really worked a muscle in my left glute that has been tight and threatens to charlie horse when I stretch my hamstrings. She also adjusted my upper back and my shoulder relieving a lot of tension that I had built up.
Once that was done, I drove Graham around to all of his errands and dropped him off at work. While he was unloading the car I tried the Advice line again.
I got through after only 10 mins of being on hold.
I was a little annoyed with the "advice nurse" as she knew nothing of Cholestatis, procedures, or what it meant. I had to explain to her that I was wondering if I needed a blood test, and the only remedy to stop the itching was taking the baby out. She took my question and told me she would pass it on to a nurse who would call me back.
With that settled, Oliver and I headed to the store.
I got a really terrible cart and knew I could not deal with it and traded it for another. For some unknown reason, Oliver decided he didn't like that cart and wouldn't sit still and just started crying. After a few minutes (but what felt like and eternity) I decided to try some Baby Tylenol. He has been teething since September and the Eye teeth are currently working their way in. He loves the stuff and as soon as he saw the bottle he was happy. That only lasted until I put it away and then he started fussing again. After a cople of minutes he calmed down, but ended up having a few outbursts through out the trip.
While in the forzen food section, I got a call from a nurse who told me they had ordered blood work for me and went ahead and set up a NST (non stress test) for me after my appointment next Tuesday. Since I have to fast for 8 hours before the Cholestatis test, she recommended that I go right in to any lab, get my blood sucked and then eat.
Oliver and I finished our shopping and I drove right to the lab. It hadn't occured to me before to put Oliver in his stroller while I had blood drawn until I called my Dad to see if he had any free time this afternoon.
The plan worked, except for Oliver Crying and Screaming the whole time I was having my blood taken. I think he wanted to be held and was a little freaked out by the white coat...
We grabbed some lunch and headed home.
I put him down for his nap at about 3pm, 2 hours after his normal time and did a few things around the house and then headed to the couch for a nap myself. I sleep very lightly when he isn't sleeping, waking up and I can hear him chattering to himself in his crib. When I went to get him up I didn't know if he had even slept, but I was pretty sure he hadn't.
I put him in his chair, got him a snack of crackers, string cheese, OJ & and a blood orange and did a few more chores around the house. I went to get him cleaned up and have some play time and he had fallen asleep in his chair!
So I had to clean sticky orange juice off his face and hands and brush all the crumbs off of him while he was asleep.
He woke up on his move to the crib, cried for maybe a minute and then passed out. That was about 7:30 pm! He has been out ever since and I am glad that I had changed him into play clothes earlier...
Also, yesterday I recieved a call from a nurse at the clinic I went to Monday to let me know that I am positive for Group B Strep and will need antibiotics before the baby is born to make sure that it doesn't get an infection during birth. I don't know if they do it for a c-section as well, but I assume so.
I got some results back already from my blood work today. Looks as if my iron levels are still low but I don't know if it is anything to be concerned about. I figure the Dr. will let me know what is worrisome or not at my appointment on Tuesday. The Cholestatis test takes a few days and I hope the results are in by then. If I do have it again, I am pretty sure the baby will be coming a lot sooner than later. I should have no need for an amnio as I will be 38 weeks Sunday and the baby is now full term. Something good that might come out of this whole thing is the NST test usually includes an ultrasound to check fluid levels, baby activity and i think just a general check up. Maybe we will get to know the sex before birth after all!!
Best case scenario, no Cholestasis AND getting to see the babe and ending the dreaded unknown!
There you have my past 2 days in a nut shell. Now off to do a few more things and hit th couch until Graham gets home. Tomorrow and the next few days will be filled with trying to finish up everything on my list before baby's arrival...
PS..What do you think of the name Hugo for a boy?
1 comment:
no to Hugo
Post a Comment