Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter

Easter was very low key this year. Since I have to do all the driving and I am so close to the end of the pregnancy we decided to stay home. Grampa (my Dad) came to spend the day with us and Daddy made a very yummy dinner.
First thing, Graham had to go into work to get the order ready for Tuesday and do all of his miscellaneous Sunday work chores. After dropping him off, O and I headed to the grocery store to pick up a few last minute items for dinner and life. Daddy had a very hard time getting out of bed so we were running about an hour later than I had wanted so Grampa met us at the store where he was able to play and distract Oliver while I finished up. We dropped his car off at home and then picked up Graham from work. Next, I still had a little kitchen cleaning to do, a cake to make and devilled eggs to paprika.
Once the cake was in the oven and the strawberries getting juicy in sugar it was Graham's turn to cook. 
I meant to get pictures of the Easter table and the spread but it slipped my mind. I actually got hardly any pictures of the day at all.
It was crazy Oregon Spring weather all day and wet, plus we didn't feel that Oliver would really grasp the concept of an Egg hunt so we just played in the living room all day.
For Dinner, Graham made a Roast Chicken, Death Potatoes, Asparagus & Black Trumpet Mushrooms. I made a very "housewifey" salad and warmed some buns. It was delicious!
After Dinner we ended up watchin Wall-E as Oliver is currently OBSESSED with it, now that he can say Wall-E or rather "Wa-wee" over and over and over...
Grampa left after the movie and Graham's tradtional Angel Food cake with Strawberries and Oliver went to bed. It was nice to have a quite relaxing Easter but I am looking forward to next year when Oliver will be old enough to do an Egg hunt.
My "lovely" eggs.
Oliver showing Daddy how he can slice his Melissa & Doug sushi.

1 comment:

Jessica and Joe said...

Super cute! Looks like he will be a good cook.