We took advantage of the great weather this weekend and the last time we will be a family of 3. Sunday Oliver and I let Daddy sleep in until 11am. He got to watch his man crush, Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace while I showered and did some chores around the house. We had planned to go to Sip & Kranz and the fountain for some play time and also to the restaurant so Graham could make sausage in case I went into labor. I wanted to take pictures at the park but the battery was almost dead. We decided to go the the restaurant first and charge the camera while I walked with Oliver on 23rd. We had fun looking at a few shops but I was really hungry and got quite sore so we headed back to the restuarant while he finished up. Oliver of course wanted to spend all of his time in the kitchen with Daddy. This day he also decided that he was a real Big Boy and tried to go up and down steps without crawling or going backwards. I caught him about to take a step all by himself without holding anything. Luckily it was only 3 steps AND he listened to me and waited for my hand!
Once Daddy was done cooking, we drove over to the park and HOLY COW was it busy! There had to be at least 4 times the # of people that had been there when Oliver and I had our play date a couple of weeks earlier. We decided to think of an alternative plan. I was so hungry and not feeling well so we ended up going to Authentica for some very tasty Mexican food. This place makes their own tortillas by hand, to order. It's a little pricey and the food takes a bit to make but the service was amazing and the staff accommodating for Oliver. We treated it as out last dinner out for who knows how long! The margaritas looked soooo good and made me thankful that I will NOT be pregnant for Cinco De Mayo! Although I doubt I will actually celebrate it, but just knowing that I could makes me feel warm and fuzzy...
Monday I had my pre-op appointment at 11am and just went alone while Graham and Oliver hung out at home eating pancakes. MMMM...
After I got home I got Graham to go through a as yet unpacked box of clothes (mind you the end of June marks 2 years living here...) while I went through my last box. We found what we wanted to keep, things for a garage sale and items for the Salvation Army. (later that night before bed, Graham found that it was time to cut the cord and get rid of all the t-shirts he has been holding on to. I had gotten to the point of actually organizing them by crappy/stained/hole shirts & still nice shirts!) I also found it very interesting his method of organizing his kept shirts. I am one to always organize by color/rainbow, it just pleases me and you can find me putting anything in that order. Graham's method consisted of Black shirts, muted colors & technicolor. I don't know, it I just found it cool to see it from another perspective and quite cute.
Anyhoo...We loaded the boxes up in the car and headed out for the afternoon. I can't even say how long dropping the stuff at Salvation Army has been on my To Do List...We had a couple more little errands to run and then made it to Sip & Kranz. The park was still packed but there was a lot of parking this time and about 1/2 the people.
We ordered a little snack and some drinks which Oliver barely touched and then headed outside.
Last time I took Oliver to this fountain, all he wanted to do was play in the water. This time he would take a couple of steps in and turn around and high tail it out of there! So strange. We came up with the theory that maybe it was just too busy.
I don't know why, but I love this shot. He is noticing the camera but at the same time at the beginning of taking off. his upper body is still, but his legs are in motion. I love the glimmer of trouble in his eyes!
Head in the trees.
Graham had a meeting to go to and decided that it would be pleasant to walk. He helped load Oliver up and we headed home. After his meeting, we had our 2nd BBQ of the year, very tasty burgers, and grilled Potatoes & Broccoli. It had to have been the best Broccoli I have ever had...thanks to the Chef covering it in Pork fat before cooking! Not an every day meal!!
That night we watched our Netflix and finally got Oliver off to sleep. The boy had gone 2 days without any naps!
Yesterday after my NST, I decided that it would be nice to go eat dinner at the restaurant. It was so nice out and I was antsy to be out of the house. Who knows when I'll be able to do it again anyway. Unfortunately I didn't get pictures because there were no highchairs and I had to hold onto Oliver while in his booster seat, with NO straps! AHHH!
He did pretty good and ate about 1/2 he Macaroni & Cheese. I also got the Asparagus soup but didn't really get to enjoy it until Daddy took him on a little walk around and visit into the kitchen. The waitress was so great and brought Oliver pen to draw on the paper table cover as well as bread right away. At one point the Front of House Manager took Oliver off my hands as well which was so nice! I finally got to eat with my right hand and in peace!
Today was a very low key rest day with just some household chores. Tomorrow is a different story as I have to go get some blood work done in the morning, take Graham to work, go to the store to buy stock up on a few essentials for next week, run a couple more errands and finish getting everythign ready for baby and house guests. I have a HUGE list of things to do but am pretty sure I won't get through them as I know that I can't push myself to hard and need to get some rest before the big day. I doubt that I will be able to sleep much the night before, but I will need to try as I know I don't get any sleep in the hospital!






2 comments:
One more day!
Congrats, he is beautiful! Can't wait to hear the birth story. Try to take it easy!
Post a Comment